Dear Alumni, Family, and Friends of Northern Frontier Camp,
First and foremost, I want to thank God for his hand of provision for Northern Frontier Camp, for health and safety for your families in this time, and pray for healing for those of you sick or affected by COVID 19. I pray that God destroys this virus or provides a cure, and I ask him for wisdom as the board and I make decisions about the upcoming summer at NF. I am comforted to remember that God knows his sheep by name and always cares for us as a good shepherd.
Second, I want to thank all the men and women on the front lines fighting this COVID 19 pandemic for your sweat, time, studies, and energy sacrificially given to others in need. I know that your family’s health and well-being are first on your minds during these times and camp is on the back burner presently, as it should be. Please know NF is praying for you! Reach out and let me know how to pray for you more specifically.
Finally, to the parents and campers who have been to Northern Frontier, and to those who are planning to come this summer, CAMP IS STILL ON! Northern Frontier is adhering to the most recent NYS Governor mandates and following any mandates put into place by the NYS Department of Health. Captain Budd, myself, along with others are planning ways and new best practices to keep our campers healthy and safe during their stay and to keep COVID 19 out of Northern Frontier Camp. Our registration is currently open and we encourage you to continue to sign up. I am excited for another summer of ministry to go on! As I am made aware of new government mandates and new health-care protocol I will notify you of all changes that apply to Northern Frontier Camp. Your son/s health and safety is an extremely serious concern to the NF staff and to me.
I thank you for your current registrations, your donations, and support at this time. Please keep them coming! We know many of you have been faced with financial strains at this time; I pray that the Lord provides for your needs, and I ask you to be praying for NF financial needs as well during the next several months.
- Capt. Chris Studley
- NF Work Weekend May 15-17 as been moved to June 12-14. May 29-31 and June 5-7 are still as scheduled.
- Refunds: If you cancel a current registration the deposit stays with us, if NF cancels a session that you have registered/paid for we will refund your full payment (including deposit).
- Scholarships: NF has a scholarship fund that has been able to help families get their son(s) to camp and for that I am grateful. We also have pastoral scholarships for pastors and ministry leaders as well.
- LEGACY Banquet is postponed. Rain check date is TBA, but will likely occur in 2021 to coincide with our 75th anniversary.
- LEGACY projects Lean-tos and Rifle Range will move forward thanks to the $50,000 we have raised to date.
- Our Board has begun ZOOM video conferences, most of us have been on ZOOM or other video call platforms by now, several of us have been part of video prayer meetings and Bible studies, others have TV watch parties, and most of our children have been doing online school work.
- • Let’s take time away from our screens to fill ourselves up with the Word of God, pray, observe His creation, and to get outside for exercise.
- • Be purposeful with your ZOOM or video chat platforms with your brothers and sisters in Christ to encourage one another during this challenging time. For now, this is how we relate.
We are NF. Are you?
Give your son the gift of camp. Your son will reap a stronger faith in God, an appreciation for the outdoors, new skills, and close friendships that can last his lifetime. Make Northern Frontier Camp a priority this Summer. Register your son today.