Digital Summer 2020
We've been hard at work bringing the best of camp online for your sons to enjoy. 'Basecamp' is the hub for all the digital media we are creating this summer. Keep an eye there as well as social media for information about new content.
We are NF. Are you?
Give your son the gift of camp. Your son will reap a stronger faith in God, an appreciation for the outdoors, new skills, and close friendships that can last his lifetime. Make Northern Frontier Camp a priority this Summer. Register your son today.
Dear NF Alumni and Families,
June 8, 2020
What are God’s plans for NF during this time? I am not sure, but I take comfort in knowing we serve a God none can fathom. I take comfort and assurance in knowing that the God I serve has overcome the world, has overcome death, he yearns for me to seek Him daily for my needs, and He has a purposeful role for you and me in this life to bring about His will.
I have been here at NF for just about two weeks now. I came into this summer with some thoughts and ideas about what we will be sharing with you, our campers, families, and alumni. I have prayed on these ideas, thought about what would reflect Christ, and what is the message we want to share in our digital productions. The team and I have come up with some great plans to release these ideas on our website www.northernfrontier.org.
Above all, we want to continue to spur on boys to be godly young men. We have hired a small team to be onsite and tap into Northern Frontier’s physical resources as well as involve fellow staff of this year and previous years. We have put together several weeks of 3-min Verse of the Day videos on Instagram and Facebook. We began to release these on July 7th, at the end of every week these will be uploaded, and a link will be provided on our website to view as well if you missed the post on Facebook and Instagram.
Also, I want to let you know that coming soon we will be releasing Bible Exploration videos (daily bible studies) on our website. There will be content and links for every day (6 days-worth in total) for both Stockade and Battalion. We are working on a Tree Climber father/son 3-day devotional series with videos and a PDF guide to work from as well. This will follow and be posted online as soon as completed. As parents, please help your son get set up (especially the stockade age boys), and we encourage you to do it with him.
There is so much more to come, and we may even be reaching out YOU and other past staff to help along the way. We thank you for your support, volunteering time, and prayers. We miss you and long to see camp full of campers and staff. We are committed to spurring on your sons and husbands to Christ at camp and now at home this summer. Look for additional devotionals and videos to come from our staff in the weeks ahead. Remember, “we get to serve God in a new way this summer!”
Bright and Keen for Christ,
Capt. Chris Studley
- NF Work Weekends for the months of May and June have been canceled.
- Refunds: An email will be delivered to all registered families with details concerning refunds and deposits.
- LEGACY Banquet is postponed. Rain check date is TBA, but will likely occur in 2021 to coincide with our 75th anniversary.
- LEGACY projects Lean-tos and Rifle Range will move forward thanks to the $50,000 we have raised to date.
- Our Board has begun ZOOM video conferences, most of us have been on ZOOM or other video call platforms by now, several of us have been part of video prayer meetings and Bible studies, others have TV watch parties, and most of our children have been doing online school work.
- • Let’s take time away from our screens to fill ourselves up with the Word of God, pray, observe His creation, and to get outside for exercise.
- • Be purposeful with your ZOOM or video chat platforms with your brothers and sisters in Christ to encourage one another during this challenging time. For now, this is how we relate.
Give to NF
There are a lot of ways that you can give back to NF including donations, prayer, and work weekends. Camp couldn't exist without the faithful giving by our family of supporters. Would you consider joining us?