We are NF. Are you?
Give your son the gift of camp. Your son will reap a stronger faith in God, an appreciation for the outdoors, new skills, and close friendships that can last his lifetime. Make Northern Frontier Camp a priority this Summer. Register your son today.
Dear NF Alumni and Families,
May 7, 2020
Capt. Chris here with a very important message. I have been living differently for just about 8 weeks now and I assume many of you are as well, stretched in new ways, and being caught in a position where I am searching for answers (TRUTH). I have been searching for provision, healing, and wisdom for my family and Northern Frontier, and I have wrestled with a lot of fear of the unknown. During this time, the only thing I can completely be sure of is God the Creator of the universe. His plan is bigger than the Coronavirus. I believe that through these challenging times His Kingdom will grow and so will I. Eph 3:20 says this about our God “Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine.” Do you believe that?
To our families and campers, at this time, our governing agencies have not released mandated children’s camp policies and procedures for us to follow. There are pending guidelines, many suggestions but not yet mandated health practices. This has left us waiting for answers. We as a board decided to make a decision now because we have run out of time to wait. We have concerns about how to operate safely this summer in these times, concerns on our effect on local communities, and we realize many parents also have concerns
On behalf of the Northern Frontier Board of Directors I am announcing to you this unfortunate news: Northern Frontier is suspending currently scheduled camp programs this summer. At this time, we cannot stay true to and accomplish our mission while protecting staff, campers, and their families from the Coronavirus. This is sad news we are going to miss you, but please know we are looking at possible alternative ways of ministering to our campers and fathers this summer. Please pray for us as we begin to explore those possibilities and stay tuned for an email regarding 2020 refunds.
To our Volunteers, you have been more than volunteers you are NF. You have been a crucial part in our ministry, and family. We love you and look forward to ministering to you as you minister to us. The board and I have decided to cancel our remaining June work weekends. We felt it unwise to bring people together from many different states and beyond to come to NF and work. This Coronavirus has affected all of us differently and I want to follow the suggested guidelines regarding group size, travel bans, and social distancing laws for all of our protection. Now that camp has been suspended, the list of work projects is smaller. But we will be reaching out for volunteer help this summer as needs arise. Thank you for all of your support.
Finally, God has big things in store for Northern Frontier Camp after all NF is ultimately His! He has blessed us in the past with great men and women who helped start this great camp. He has provided very timely gifts and supplies through the years. He blessed us with finances to purchase this property. And He continues to bless us in new ways every year. Let’s celebrate His legacy! We pray for you as you raise up boys to being godly men at home this summer and throughout 2020. Our world needs more godly men! This is not Northern Frontier’s end family: God continues to provide for us. Please pray about giving a donation to help our general fund and pray for our summer staff as they now begin to search for employment. The Northern Frontier Staff and I miss you all and can’t wait to see all of you next summer.
Bright and Keen for Christ,
Capt. Chris Studley
- NF Work Weekends for the months of May and June have been canceled.
- Refunds: An email will be delivered to all registered families with details concerning refunds and deposits.
- LEGACY Banquet is postponed. Rain check date is TBA, but will likely occur in 2021 to coincide with our 75th anniversary.
- LEGACY projects Lean-tos and Rifle Range will move forward thanks to the $50,000 we have raised to date.
- Our Board has begun ZOOM video conferences, most of us have been on ZOOM or other video call platforms by now, several of us have been part of video prayer meetings and Bible studies, others have TV watch parties, and most of our children have been doing online school work.
- • Let’s take time away from our screens to fill ourselves up with the Word of God, pray, observe His creation, and to get outside for exercise.
- • Be purposeful with your ZOOM or video chat platforms with your brothers and sisters in Christ to encourage one another during this challenging time. For now, this is how we relate.
Give to NF
There are a lot of ways that you can give back to NF including donations, prayer, and work weekends. Camp couldn't exist without the faithful giving by our family of supporters. Would you consider joining us?